I just updated my OSX to Mavericks 10.9 and Matlab 2013b, and I had some issues trying to use the HyEQ simulator. I just want to share how I fix a couple of problems in the case that anyone has the same issues.
The steps that I suggested to update the system are the following:
- Update to Mavericks.
- Update Xcode to the newest version (I have 5.0.1).
- Update or install Matlab 2013b.
- Open Matlab, if you having warnings such as “Warning: Name is nonexistent or not a directory”, please fix those warnings following the steps in: http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-1BUE0/?product=ML
Setup the C-compiler in matlab following the steps in the instructions (in the HyEQ instructions file).
- Download and install the HyEQ simulator from: http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/41372-hybrid-equations-toolbox-v2-0
Open Simulink and try to run an example:
it worked? yes = you are done :), no= continue with step 8 :S
- If you get the following error “xcodebuild: error: SDK “macosx10.7” you need to change some lines in your file “mexopts.sh”, follow the instructions in http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-OAMYBZ/ or http://www.cyberbotics.com/forum?message=2406
In the Matlab’s command prompt >> mex -setup, and follow the steps in the instructions file.
- Reboot matlab and try again 7.
- it worked? yes = you are wellcome 🙂
- no= sorry 😦
I hope this could be useful for someone, (now my Maverics+Matlab2013b+HyEQ simulator is working)